Thursday, February 3, 2011

Confessions of a Cheese Snob

I will admit it I am a cheese snob.  I love cheese but, only if it is good cheese.  If you offer me that sliced processed junk that some people think is cheese I will do my best not to turn up my nose but I will not eat it.  I have been known to order my fast food without cheese and take the food home to add my own Tillamook cheese.  I guess some people might think that is weird but hey, that is just me. 

With that said I have to admit I made mac and cheese with that processed stuff and some powdered cheese and to my complete surprise it was pretty tasty.  It all started because I was canning some chicken and had leftover chicken stock... here is what I did.

4 cups chicken stock
2 cups macaroni noodles (I didn't really measure just guessed)
16 oz of processed cheese cubed
1 Tbsp butter
1/3 cup cheese powder
salt and pepper to taste

Add the noodles to the hot stock and cook until noodles are al dente.  Stir in the processed cheese and butter until melted.  Sprinkle the cheese powder in slowly just to thicken it up a little.  Add salt and pepper to taste.

There you go!  That is it... how easy is that?  The boys loved this and I thought it was pretty darn good.  It is not like real mac n cheese but it is much better than that blue box stuff.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment