Thursday, February 3, 2011

Chicken and Rice Casserole

This is a super quick and easy recipe using leftovers...  shh don't tell my kids.  On Monday we had chicken tacos with rice and beans.  I doubled the rice recipe and saved 1/2 of it for tonight.  The chicken is my leftover chicken chorizo from the other day.  Tonight all I had to do was rehydrate some veggies and combine everything.  Having such a simple dinner planned allowed me time to do what I wanted including setting up a facebook page for my blog.  :-)

Here is the recipe... 

3 cups of Spanish rice (cooked)
1 1/2 cups cooked chicken
1/2 cup bell peppers
1 chili pepper
2 diced tomatoes
1/2 cup diced onions
2 minced garlic cloves

Combine everything in a skillet or casserole dish and cook until heated through.  You can top this with sour cream, salsa, cheese, guacamole or whatever you like.  You can easily change the heat in the recipe by adding more or less peppers.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment