Sunday, January 9, 2011

Toddler Stool

This stool is soo cute!  I needed a Christmas gift for my nephew Diesel and this is what I came up with. 




So here is what you need to make this:

1 small wooden stool (Get it at M's with a coupon)
Sand paper in various grades
Craft paint in your choice of colors
Patterned paper 2 sheets 12x12
Solid cardstock 3 colors
Cricut or other die cut system (or a pair of scissors and stencils)
Modge Podge
Clear spray paint

Start by sanding all of the rough edges.  Wipe clean with a soft cloth and paint.  This might take a couple coats.  I attached PP to the top with Modge Podge and then used sand paper to remove the excess after the Modge Podge is completely dry.  Trust me you don't want to try it while it is wet!  While that is drying cut out your letters and or shapes.  Attach card stock letters or shapes to the stool with more Modge Podge.  At this point I decided I wanted to make the stool slightly more rustic so I took my sandpaper and roughed up the edges and chalked around the top.  I also "burned" through the paper on the top of stool with my sand paper and then chalked around that. 


When you are happy with the stool add one more coat of Modge Podge and let dry thoroughly.  When it is dry spray with 2-3 coats clear spray paint.


Here is the finished product....  well actually here is Diesel but you get the idea.


This is a great gift that can be made for under $5.00 with a coupon.  Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment