Thursday, January 13, 2011

Name Plaque

Here is a super easy little gift to make and shhh... it's inexpensive too!

Supplies
Name plaque (available at M's for under $1)
sand paper
craft paint
Scrap cardstock
Die cut machine or stencils and scissors
Modge Podge
Clear spray paint
Ribbon if desired

This is what we are going to create


Start by sanding any rough edges and then cover with craft paint.  This may take a couple coats to fully cover.  While you are waiting for the paint to dry cut out your lettering and any shapes you wish to use.  I used MTC to cut the letters, ladybug, and leaves.   I chalked the leaves and used a scoring tool to add some dimension.  

Once the paint was dry I covered it with Modge Podge and then attached the cardstock piece.  I used a small pop dot to raise up the lady bug.  I put on a total of 3 coats of Modge Podge and then painted the white dots with a toothpick.  After everything is fully dry coat with atleast 2 coats of clear spray paint. 

You can add a ribbon to the back to hang on a wall.  Have fun and please share if you try this.

1 comment:

  1. Jen another daring project! I love the stuff you make. I've told you before but you are an inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete