Friday, December 17, 2010

Easy Candy Box

Here is a super easy candy gift box.  It holds 6 mini baking cups.  This box is for my dad and will be filled with Chocolate Truffles with Sea Salt.  Oh yum!


Items needed to create this

Solid cardstock 8 1/2x 6 1/2
Patterned cardstock 5 1/2 x 7 1/2
scoring tool
scissors or knife
adhesive
ruler
Acetate if you plan to have a window



Here is a sketch for the bottom of the box. 
The large piece is scored at 1 1/2 inches on all 4 sides. 
Cut in on each side 1 1/2 inches.


Here is the sketch for the lid to the box. 
This piece is scored at 1 inch on each side.
Cut in on each side 1 inch.


Here are my cut and scored pieces.



At this point I decided I wanted a window in the box top.  I used the cuttlebug and my nesties to cut a window.  You could very easily measure and cut with a knife or scissors as well. 



All you need to do is glue the tabs and you have your box!  I am going to cover my cut out with a sheet of acetate.  I hope you have fun with this little box.  It has huge possibilities.  Let me know what you think! 

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea Jenn. I have never made my own boxes but will now. I usually go to the Candy store and buy them. It is more economical and fun to do your own. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete